Short-Term Stay Rental Retirement Community
Hospice is a philosophy and a way of caring for an individual living with serious illnesses who no longer benefits from curative treatments. When the time comes that a cure is no longer probable, hospice embraces the patient and family as they focus on comfort and the end of life.
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses, and its focus is on providing patients relief from the symptoms, pain and stress. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
The Oak Park Arms staff works with several area hospice and palliative providers for care right at the Oak Park Arms. Typical therapies include:
- Regular visits by a registered nurse
- Medications for symptom control and pain relief
- Ongoing communication with the Arms’ primary care physician
- 24-hour availability of hospice nurses for consultation by phone or in the home
- Social work services for guidance and support
- Chaplain services for spiritual care and support
- Medical equipment and supplies for comfort and safety
- Integrative services including music, art, massage and pet therapies
- Specialized comfort care for dementia
- Access to extensive bereavement services