Short-Term Stay Rental Retirement Community
Rainbow Care Center, based at the Oak Park Arms, is one of the area’s largest and oldest not-for-profit hospice and palliative care agencies with more than 30 years of experience bringing specialized comfort to the seriously ill.
Hospice is a philosophy and a way of caring for an individual living with serious illnesses who no longer benefits from curative treatments. When the time comes that a cure is no longer probable, hospice embraces the patient and family as they focus on comfort and the end of life.
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses, and its focus is on providing patients relief from the symptoms, pain and stress. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
The Rainbow Care Center includes a full menu of comfort care and integrative therapies including:
- Regular visits by a registered nurse
- Medications for symptom control and pain relief
- Ongoing communication with the Arms’ primary care physician
- 24-hour availability of hospice nurses for consultation by phone or in the home
- Social work services for guidance and support
- Chaplain services for spiritual care and support
- Medical equipment and supplies for comfort and safety
- Integrative services including music, art, massage and pet therapies
- Specialized comfort care for dementia
- Access to extensive bereavement services