Fitness Programs for Seniors
The Oak Park Arms supports and promotes active and healthy senior living. Residents enjoy a convenient on-site fitness center, twice daily fitness and exercise classes and an ongoing educational health series titled, “Quality of Life.”
Health and Fitness Center
- Recumbent and upright bikes
- Elliptical machine
- More than a dozen resistance machines for strength training
- Pulley strengthening system
Fitness and Exercise Classes for Seniors
- Sit and Be Fit: 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Using a chair for support, participants do gentle exercises.
- Chair Yoga and Meditation: 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays
The class focuses on gentle stretches sitting or standing and using a chair for support. Yoga postures and breathing techniques are combined which maximizes relaxation and stillness.
- Yoga for Everyone: 1 p.m. Wednesdays
Participants stand or sit in Yoga postures while employing breathing techniques.
- Tai Chi: 1 p.m. Thursdays
Participants learn to move effectively, connect the breath and release energy as part of this slow martial art form which stimulates the nervous system.
- Strength and Balance: 1 p.m. Tuesdays
Techniques are taught which improve strength and balance and help prevents falls.