In response to the growing concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), leadership at the Oak Park Arms has made the decision to prohibit all visitors to the community. Health care workers and caregivers are still able to provide services for residents at the community.
We are making every effort to stay on top of this developing situation, as we recognize our residents are the most vulnerable to the virus. We pledge, as always, that the health and safety of our residents is our most important priority.
We look forward to welcoming the public into Oak Park Arms events and activities again very soon.
More from the State of Illinois
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, public health officials urge the general public to take the same precautions as during flu season — with renewed vigilance:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean often touched surfaces frequently
- Maintain social distance (3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid visiting long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes, especially if you’re sick
- Stay home if you do not feel well
- Plan a safe visit to the doctor if you experience any symptoms
The Oak Park Arms is a rental retirement community which provides senior housing in the form of senior independent living and assisted living apartments. Additional services include respite care and an award-winning adult day care program. Furnished apartments are also available for a short-term stay – a weekend, a week, a month or longer.
Typically the Oak Park Arms hosts more than 300 activities and events each month, many are free and open to the public. We look forward to welcoming the public into Oak Park Arms events and activities again very soon. For more information call 708-386-4040.